11.15.2008

And the next day...

Yesterday I was upset. I was frustrated. I was irritated. I caught myself giving in to the games the enemy tries to play with me. My family means the world to me. God wants to mean more to me than my family does. So this is where the testing of my faith through trials (in regards to my family) come into play. My brother who I love with my everything is in jail. He goes to trial next month and is facing life. I was seriously bothered by that information yesterday. Though my flesh was crying and upset and just irritated because this is all too much right now. Yet, the Lord has already spoken to me concerning this matter. And I was letting my flesh and what I felt at the time override what the Lord has already said in regards to this situation.

Today when I wake up, a little tune pops into my head and I begin to sing it to myself.

Its victory in Jesus
My savior forever
He sought me
And he bought me
With his redeeming blood
He loved me ever
I knew him
And all my love is due him
He plunged me
Into Victory
beneath his cleansing blood

Then the Lord told me to read Ephesians 6. Well alright then. That makes perfect sense. The devil is trying to catch me of guard. Now what the Lord was saying through Jason on Thursday makes sense. No one can ever tell me that my God doesn't have a sense of humor because his words to me were "She's a brick house! She's mighty might..." Yea, I know right. So now its time for me to stop playing around. This is serious business.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:10-18

I'm sorry Lord for not being on my A game. Letting go is pretty hard, but this is what I signed up for. Jesus definitely said to count the cost before we just up and follow him in Luke 14:27-33.
Yes Lord. I think I finally get it. If I don't the bible does say to pray for wisdom, so please show me where I am flawed in my thinking. I gotta get my armor on. This is a serious matter...

No comments: