10.11.2009

Date with Destiny...

Life has its way of happening, regardless of what you or anyone else has to say about it. I found myself trying to run from certain aspects of my life; I can mainly attribute it to fear which stems from a lack of knowledge of self. How is it that I spent the last few years of my life trying to deny the very thing I've been designed to do? I tried to walk away from the very thing that tugs at my soul with hopes of living a satisfied life - stupidity at its best. Yet so many people do it. So many people will chase after what's safe. Stepping into uncertainty would make anyone nervous, hell I ran from it myself.

Yet, here I stand at a crossroad. A serious decision must be made which will determine the rest of my life. I could play it safe, or I could dare to dream again. I could find a 9-5 job I could tolerate and have a mediocre existence that most can stomach, torturing the inner me which shutters at the thought of being subjected to such an existence...

OR

We have the option my heart and soul desperately reach out towards. The choice to take a leap of faith, trusting in what I can not see. There is so much locked up inside me that I have yet to tap into.

I choose the latter. I have always felt within me, there's more to me than working a "regular" job. I'm too irregular to fit into such a lifestyle. That being said, now that I have tired my self out, and run out of excuses, I'm ready for my date. I'm ready for my date with my destiny. I know Destiny's been waiting on me, I'll hide from her no more.

This is one date I refuse to miss. I couldn't stand it up if I tried - I've already tried it and well here I am taking another step towards the inevitable. Destiny awaits...

No comments: